- What are the criteria for admission into HopeHouse?
HopeHouse works closely with the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) and admits mostly youths sentenced on probation by the Singapore courts. HopeHouse admits only male youths aged 16 and above and all admissions into the Home must be approved by the HopeHouse Admission Committee.
(1) How can I volunteer my time and services as an individual or as a group?
Generally, volunteers are needed to assist us in executing our activities and programmes, to tutor the youths academically or be mentors to befriend and engage them in healthy activities. Occasionally, we may need transport services to collect foodstuff, equipment or to ferry the youths for outings. If you have a life-skill, like cooking or craftsmanship to impart to the youths to assist them to be self-sufficient and independent, you would be welcome to share that with them. As a group, you may like to organise healthy activities or outings with the youths.
(2) How shall I start?
You may contact us at 63481959 to discuss further or email to email@example.com and provide us with more information such as your contact information, interests, age, occupation status, frequency of helping, any particular skills that you possess and other information that may be useful for us to know. As a group, please let us also know the organisation or group you are from, size and gender of the group, and the details about the activities or outings.
(3) Are there any screening procedures for volunteers?
Yes, for volunteers providing direct services to the youths, there will be an interview session with the staff of the Home. You will also be screened by the MSF before you can engage the youths. The whole screening process may take about a month.
(1) What suitable items can I donate for the residents of the Home?
Yes, they would be most welcome. We have a maximum capacity for 16 residents. Some of these items could include as follows;
- Toiletries – Shower Gel, Shampoo, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Shaving Kit.
- Dry Food – Instant Cup Noodles and Bee-Hoon, 3-in-1 Coffee, 3-in-1 Tea, 3-in-1 Milo, Cereal, UHT Milk, Jam, Peanut Butter and Biscuits.
- Canned Food – Sardines, Tuna, Curry Chicken, and Fruit Cocktail.